Fairy Queen Train Tour
The Fairy Queen is the oldest working steam locomotive and has been entered in the Guinness Book of World Records. GeTS Holidays will arrange your memorable and exclusive journey of the Fairy Queen with a visit of Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary.
The engine was rolled out for the first time in 1855. In 1885 it was christened as Fairy Queen. It was decommissioned in 1908 and later exhibited in the National Rail Museum, New Delhi from 1971. It started its commercial trip from 1997 and received its Guinness’ certification in 1998. The train will take you to drive of Alwar with a maximum speed of 40km.
DAY - 1/ Saturday
- 1000hrs : Trains leave Delhi Cantonment Railway station
- 1030hrs : Light snacks on board
- 1300hrs : Lunch on board
- 1500hrs : Light snacks on board
- 1600hrs : Arrival at Alwar Railway station
- 1630hrs : Departure to Sariska by air-conditioned coach
- 1730hrs : Check in at Hotel Tiger Dan
- 1930hrs : Theme dinner/ Night Stay at Hotel Tiger Dan
DAY - 2/ Sunday
- 0630hrs : Jeep Safari for Tiger Sanctuary
- 0930hrs : Return from Sanctuary and breakfast at Hotel Tiger Dan
- 1200hrs : Departure from Sariska by air-conditioned coach
- 1245hrs : Arrival at Alwar Railway Station
- 1300hrs : Fairy Queens leave Alwar
- 1320hrs : Lunch at board
- 1600hrs : Light snacks on board
- 1845hrs : Arrival at Delhi Cantonment station
Sariska Tiger Reserve was created in 1978. The present area of the park is 866 sq km. The age-old Kankwari fort is situated in middle of the park. Some 10th century old Jain and Shaiva temples are also situated. Tiger, leopard, caracal, rusty spotted cat, jungle cat, four-horned antelope, sambhar, spotted deer, wild boar, blur bull, jackal, hyena etc are main species of the park.