Heritage On Wheels - Not In Operation
The Indian Railways and Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation joined hands to launch a luxury train with the intention of promoting heritage tourism in unexplored region of Shekhawati and Bikaner.
Destinations : Jaipur – Bikaner - Tal Chhapar & Shekhawati - Jaipur
Day 1 : Tuesday / Friday at Jaipur1830hrs : Reception at Jaipur Station
- 1930hrs: Departure for Bikaner
- 2000hrs: Dinner on board/ night stay
Day 2 : Wednesday/ Saturday at Bikaner O600hrs : Arrival at Bikaner
- 0700hrs : Breakfast on board
- 0830hrs : Departure for sight seeing
- 1830hrs : Arrival and dinner on board
- 2330hrs : Departure for Tal ChhaparThe Royal fortified city with a timeless appeal. Lying in the north of the Desert State, City is dotted with many sand dunes.
Bikaner stands on a hillock and is surrounded by a seven Km long stretch of embattled wall with five majestic gates. The majestic forts and palaces built with gracefulness in red sandstone. The fort and palaces are demonstrating their historical and architectural legacy.
Day 3 : Thursday / Sunday at Tal Chhapar 0400hrs : Arrival at Padhiyar Railway Station
- 0630hrs : Breakfast on board
- 0715hrs : Departure for sight seeing
- 1930hrs : Arrival on board
- 2000hrs : Dinner on board/ night stay
- 2200hrs : Departure for Jaipur Shekhawati is testimonial of artists’ imagination in paint. It is considered as the Open Air Art Gallery of Rajasthan. This area has taken its name from Rao Shekho, a fierce warrior and man of arts. It is considered that every haveli in this region worth’s a visit. The painter filled colour of their imagination in rugged and arid landscape. The artist used their skill and imagination to create each frescos and murals. You have to visit Shekhawati to learn that when colours and imagination infuse together they create a legacy. The words are not enough to explain the beauty. Come and experience the Open Air Art Gallery of Rajasthan.
Day 4 : Friday/ Monday at Jaipur 0600hrs : Arrival at Jaipur
- 0730hrs : Breakfast on board